Friday 1 January 2016

PAKnSAVE

PAKnSAVE is a NZ supermarket in the style of a Bunnings Warehouse, their huge and they have become our supermarket of choice over here. We discovered them while in Rotorua and one day I said to everyone “lets go to the PARK n SAVE”, after seeing the sign and thinking that’s what it was called. Mia quickly corrects me (as she has been known to do….regularly) and says “Dad, it’s the PAK n SAVE. Me, trying to pretend I knew all along and was just joking around replied “I know it’s the PARK n SAK, Mia” of which Mia replied, “Daaaaad, it’s the PAK n SAVE”. Thus, (that is not me saying “this” in my NZ accent, I’m actually saying thus) starting the PAKnSAVE name changing joke. Every time we needed to go to PAKnSAVE it would become “Let’s go to PARK n SAK or PAK n SAK or BACK, CRACK N SAK or SCRATCH N SNIFF all the while Tyler would be whinging “Be quiet, it’s not funny”. But Kris, Mia and I were having a ball. Every time Tyler whinged, we would come up with another stupid name. It took about 3 days, but he eventually joined in.


No comments:

Post a Comment